I thought I would just jot down my Top 10 Best & Worst things about being a Paramedic. These lists are not exhaustive and maybe subject to change at a later date!
Top 10 Best Bits:
- On the RRV/RFU I am my own boss out on the road.
- I get to see inside other peoples houses. (Clean and respectable)
- I meet interesting people from all walks of life. (Clean and respectable, hard working)
- The look of relief on peoples faces when I turn up to a scene. (Its what we do)
- Every job I get sent to is different in its own way. (Beats working 9 to 5 any day!)
- I get to use some pretty cool kit/equipment.
- Its still (sometimes) a buzz hitting the “Blues & Twos”.
- The money is getting better, at long last!
- I get to see things that ordinary members of the public do not.
- And sometimes I get to save someone.
Top 10 Worst Bits.
- Control (puzzle palace) know where I am all the time.
- I go into some real pigstys and slums. (Wipe your feet on the way out!)
- Some people are only just off the bottom of the evolutionary scale. (One up from pond scum!)
- The look of dismay on peoples faces when I turn up on scene. (They can tell I,m late off!)
- Every job I get sent to involving alcohol has the potential to go “tits up!” (And involves vomit/fights)
- Unless the kit/equipment is Ambulance Proof then it invariably breaks down when needed most!
- Cars/vans/trucks/buses/people/animals still get in the way even when on “Blues & Twos!”
- I dont get paid enough to take some of the abuse/shit that is thrown at me!
- I get to see the darker side of humanity. (Ignorance is sometimes still bliss!)
- I have seen good people die.
The best and worst job in the World….I would,nt change it for anything!